Friday, June 29, 2012

June 29, 2012.
This morning was chaotic, but the afternoon and night were maybe the best yet. I've gotten so close with so many of the kids. I feel at home here, and I feel like I am with my second family. The joy these kids spread and share, and the love they give is overflowing and contagious. Today was a HOT day! The kids that were tired, and taking naps slept on their floors, which are hard may I add, but the tile is a little cooler. After lunch we were all playing and having fun. Connect four, and cards are very popular now. The kids have apparently had a lot of practice because I lose almost every time. It rained this afternoon. The girls hung out in the hallway under the overhang and blasted their Justin Bieber, and had a dance party. I was over on the boys side. Most of us stayed out in the rain, we played "keep away" with the ball as we were all slipping and sliding around on the tile ground. Dinner tonight was the funniest thing to watch. It was this smoothie kind of thing, except it was hot. There was fruit and milk and carrots in it... None of the kids liked it. They were all trying to give it away to each other, pour it in each others cups, the brave, or just very hungry ones, tried to choke it down. Looking around the cafeteria was wonderful entertainment. The looks on these kids faces, and the motions they were making to me, and the words they were mouthing to me was hilarious! Everyone was just laughing. Priceless. <3  After dinner, I hung out with the boys while they messed around with photo booth on my computer.

I wish I could post all the pictures i have taken, so many have captured amazing moments. We took in new kids, and because they came from such a bad place and we don't know everything that went on we are doing what we can to protect them, and part of that is not posting pictures of them all over the internet, just in case.

I havent been in very good contact with my family. The internet is definetly not what it is in the U.S. But tonight I finally got a good connection with my mom and Alyssa. I miss my family but i totally love it here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment